You may have heard of nootropic stacking, but for many, the concept is new.
Nootropic stacking describes the use of two or more neuro-enhancing or brain-supportive supplements to achieve combined benefits. Often, a nootropic product will have one key benefit, such as memory, focus, energy, or stress relief. By using multiple products, you can “stack” or maximize your targeted benefits for brain health and cognitive function.
Customization is Key
Stacking nootropics with other brain health supplements helps you achieve personalized benefits. What products you include in your stack depends on your goals. For example, if you are looking for focus and clarity during an exam, you may decide to include ingredients like caffeine, phosphatidylserine, and adaptogens in your stack. Others may choose to target long-term brain health by stacking brain-boosting botanicals like amla or purslane with DHA-rich fish oil.
Nootropic Elixir™ was formulated with science-based, natural ingredients to support both on-demand focus for cognitive performance and long-term brain health. Its blend of brain-boosting botanicals and plant-derived nutrients pairs perfectly with other Isagenix products to help you target the benefits that are most important to you. Here are a few products you can stack with Nootropic Elixir to maximize your benefits.
Adaptogen Elixir to combat stress: This dietary supplement is designed to support your ability to adapt to stress by combining kombucha from black tea leaves with adaptogen root extracts from astragalus, eleuthero, rhodiola, ashwagandha, and schisandra fruit. Studies have found that adaptogens reduce mental fatigue and enhance physical endurance by helping the body “adapt” to better resist the effects of both physical and psychological stress (1, 2). Different adaptogens work in a variety of ways to help normalize the body’s functions in response to stress helping to improve both physical and mental performance (3).
AMPED™ Power for endurance: AMPED Power is a pre-workout supplement designed to boost your workout and improve your performance with Nitrosigine® and creatine. Research shows that creatine is vital to brain function. It helps maintain cognitive function during times of stress, normal aging, or altered nutritional intake (4). Creatine is a natural compound found in all tissues of the body, not just muscle, and helps provide energy that is essential to drive every function of the cell.
IsaOmega™ for brain health: Apart from being good for your overall health, fish oil supplements rich in omega-3 fatty acids DHA and EPA, like IsaOmega, have brain health benefits, too. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that DHA, found abundantly in fatty fish and fish oil, supported memory and reaction time (5). Another study published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that those with the highest average serum levels of EPA and DHA performed significantly better on neuropsychological tests (6). Omega-3s support brain health by increasing the brain’s content of DHA, which contributes to both the structure and function of the brain.
Cleanse for Life®: It may be formulated to support your body’s natural detoxification process and protect against oxidative stress, but the B vitamins and choline in Cleanse for Life are beneficial beyond Cleanse Days. A study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition found that individuals who consumed higher levels of B vitamins, specifically niacin and folate, had higher cognitive function than their peers and comparable cognitive function to people four to six years younger (7). Choline is a micronutrient found in many foods such as eggs, beans, and quinoa that is key in brain growth and development. It is a precursor in acetylcholine production, a neurotransmitter important for memory, mood, and other brain functions (8).
The key to nootropic stacking is choosing complementary ingredients to support your most important goals. Isagenix products like Adaptogen Elixir, AMPED Power, IsaOmega, and Cleanse for Life pair perfectly with Nootropic Elixir.
- Darbinyan V, Kteyan A, Panossian A, et al. Rhodiola rosea in stress induced fatigue–a double blind cross-over study of a standardized extract SHR-5 with a repeated low-dose regimen on the mental performance of healthy physicians during night duty. Phytomedicine. 2000 Oct;7(5):365-71.
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Evidence-based efficacy of adaptogens in fatigue, and molecular mechanisms related to their stress-protective activity. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2009 Sep;4(3):198-219.
- Provino, R. The role of adaptogens in stress management. Aust. J. Medical Herbal. 2010 Jan;22(2):41-49.
- Rae CD & Bröer S. Creatine as a booster for human brain function. How might it work? Neurochem Int. 2015 Aug 18. pii: S0197-0186(15)30038-3.
- Stonehouse W, Conlon CA, Podd J, et al D. DHA supplementation improved both memory and reaction time in healthy young adults: a randomized controlled trial. Am J Clin Nutr. 2013 May;97(5):1134-43.
- D’Ascoli TA, Mursu J, Voutilainen S, et al. Association between serum long-chain omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and cognitive performance in elderly men and women: The Kuopio Ischaemic Heart Disease Risk Factor Study. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2016 Aug;70(8):970-5.
- Qin B, Xun P, Jacobs DR Jr, et al. Intake of niacin, folate, vitamin B-6, and vitamin B-12 through young adulthood and cognitive function in midlife: the Coronary Artery Risk Development in Young Adults (CARDIA) study. Am J Clin Nutr. 2017;106(4):1032-1040.
- Office of dietary supplements – choline [Internet]. NIH Office of Dietary Supplements. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services; [cited 2022May19]. Available from: https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Choline-HealthProfessional/
SOURCE: Isagenix Health – Read entire story here.